The leader name in mobile gaming.
Constructing the most engaging mobile applications you can find in the market.
Terms and Conditions
Murdock Imagineering Studio develops and publishes social games for the web and mobile devices. “Murdock Imagineering Studio,” or “we” or “us” refers to Murdock Imagineering Studio. The Murdock Imagineering Studio Corporate Family means Murdock Imagineering Studio’s subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures and other corporate entities under common ownership and/or any of their agents, consultants, employees, officers and directors.
- what information we collect, how we collect it, and why
- how we use that information and with whom we share it
- how you can access and update that information
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information
- how we protect the information we store about you
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information About You That We Get From Connected Third-Party Applications, Including Social Networks
If you play Murdock Imagineering Studio’s games or access any of our other Services on connected third-party applications or connect our Services to any third-party applications, including social networks like Facebook, Murdock Imagineering Studio may receive certain information about you from the provider of the third-party application. The information we receive depends on the Murdock Imagineering Studio game you’re playing, the third-party application, your privacy settings and, if applicable, your friends’ privacy settings on that third-party application.
Murdock Imagineering Studio may collect and store some or all of the following information shared by the provider of the connected third-party application:
- your first and last name;
- your profile picture or its URL;
- your user ID number (like your Facebook ID number), which may be linked to publicly-available information like your name and profile photo;
- the user ID number and other public data for your friends;
- the login e-mail you provided to that third-party application when you registered with it;
- your physical location and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
- your gender;
- your birthday and/or age range;
- information about your activities on or through the connected third-party application;
- other publicly-available information on the third-party application; and/or
- any other information that you or the provider of the third-party application share with Murdock Imagineering Studio.
If you are unclear about what information a third-party application is sharing with us, please go to the third-party application to find out more about their privacy practices.
Cookies and Automated Information Collection
We and service providers acting on our behalf, like Google Analytics, store log files and use tracking technologies such as:
- cookies, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer for record-keeping purposes;
- web beacons, which let us know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened;
- tracking pixels, which allow us or our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively; and
- local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, which help us to reduce fraud, remember your in-game preferences and speed up load times.
We and our service providers use these log files, tags, and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical information, including:
- IP addresses;
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- your operating system version;
- your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
- your browser types;
- your browser language;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- platform type;
- the number of clicks on a page or feature;
- domain names;
- landing pages;
- pages viewed and the order of those pages;
- the amount of time spent on particular pages; and
- game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games.
In some cases, we will connect this information with your social network ID or Murdock Imagineering Studio user ID.
Other Information from Your Mobile Device
If you play Murdock Imagineering Studio games on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect:
- the name you have associated with your device;
- your telephone number;
- your country; and
- your specific geolocation;
- your mobile contacts; and
- information about Murdock Imagineering Studio and other third-party apps you have on your device.
Information About You That You Share With Us Directly
Some games or parts of our Services may use a more traditional registration or account set-up process where you may be asked to give us some or all of the following information:
- your age or birthday;
- your first and last names;
- your e-mail address;
- a password; and
- other information that helps us make sure it’s you accessing your account or helps us improve our services.
We may also let you create a player profile, separate from your social networking site profile (for example, your Facebook profile), that other Murdock Imagineering Studio players can see. Your player profile may include information like:
- a profile photo;
- game username(s);
- your gender;
- biographic details (like your age or age range);
- approximate location information that you provide;
- links to your profiles on various social network;
- details about the games you play; and
- a Murdock Imagineering Studio player ID number that is created by Murdock Imagineering Studio and used to identify your profile.
Certain information in your Murdock Imagineering Studio profile may be publicly accessible on Murdock Imagineering Studio’s websites that offer direct access to Murdock Imagineering Studio games, including:
- The Murdock Imagineering Studio player ID;
- Your first and last names; and
- Your player profile picture.
Information About Your Contacts
We may give you the ability to import your address book contacts or manually enter them so that you can locate your contacts on Murdock Imagineering Studio and invite them to join you in our games or other aspects of our Services. You are responsible for getting your contacts’ permission when you opt to give their contact details to us. We may also get information about you from other Murdock Imagineering Studio users importing or entering their contacts. We use and may store this contact information to help you and your contacts connect through our Services. If you want to remove your contacts stored by us, follow the instructions provided in the game to request that we remove them from our systems. If you need to enter a password to allow us to access your address book, we will not store that password.
Information You Generate Using Our Communications Features
Except for games designed for children under 13, you may be able to take part in certain activities on our Service that let you communicate or share information not just with Murdock Imagineering Studio, but also with other Murdock Imagineering Studio players. These include:
- participating in player forums and message boards;
- posting public comments to other players’ profiles or gameboards;
- sending private messages or invitations to other players, either directly on our websites or to their e-mail accounts;
- chatting with other players; and/or
- posting photos or drawings.
You acknowledge and expressly agree that we may access in real-time, record and/or store archives of these communications, comments, photos and drawings on Murdock Imagineering Studio‘s servers to make use of them to protect the safety and well-being of our players and Murdock Imagineering Studio’s rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to operate, improve, personalize and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences, including through the use of analytics; and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
If you purchase a license to use in-game virtual currency or virtual items in a game you play on Murdock Imagineering Studio.com, our third-party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information it needs to process your charges. This may include your postal address, e-mail address and financial information. Murdock Imagineering Studio does not collect or store your financial information, like credit card numbers. However, Murdock Imagineering Studio’s payment processors may share non-financial information with us related to your purchases, like your name, billing address and the items purchased in order to fulfill your order. Murdock Imagineering Studio may also obtain the billing and payment information that you provide when your purchase is processed by someone else (like Facebook, Apple or Google) such as when you purchase something in a game you play on a social network or that you downloaded on your mobile device. Please note that purchases of third party credits or currencies may also be subject to those parties’ policies.
Customer Support Correspondence
Except as provided herein, when you ask for help from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you give them (generally, your name and e-mail address), information about your game play or activity on our Services, and your Murdock Imagineering Studio player and/or social network ID number. We will also store the communications you have with the Customer Service team and any information in those communications in order to provide support and improve the Services.
Information You Give Us For Text Messaging Services
We receive and store the information you provide, including your mobile telephone number, when you choose to sign up to receive SMS messages.
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources like third-party information providers. We use this information along with information you provide us directly, for example, to help you and your friends connect or to serve you advertising more tailored to your interests.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The main use of the information we collect and store is to provide a better gaming experience, but there are other uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your information include:
- to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences;
- to create your game accounts and allow you to play our games;
- to identify and suggest connections with other Murdock Imagineering Studio players and personalize our Services to you;
- to enable players to communicate with each other;
- to provide technical support and respond to player inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our players;
- to protect Murdock Imagineering Studio‘s rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to notify players of in-game updates, new products or promotional offers;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to conduct research.
One important use of your information is communication. If you have provided your e-mail address to Murdock Imagineering Studio, we will use it to respond to customer support inquiries, and keep you informed of your in-game activity, including comments from friends, let you know about in-game status such as “crops ready” as well as tell you about gift and neighbor requests. Some messages, like invites for friends to join you in a game, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving additional messages. Receipt of such communications depends on Murdock Imagineering Studio having certain contact information from you.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose or publish aggregated information (information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you, and other non-personal information about our players for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, advertising, and other business purposes.
In addition, we may share your information (which may include personal information) with third parties (in other words, parties other than Murdock Imagineering Studio) or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services in the following circumstances:
Friends and Other Murdock Imagineering Studio Players
The Service supports and often encourages you to interact with other players. In most Murdock Imagineering Studio games, if you play through a social network or register through a social network, your social network friends will see your name, profile photo and descriptions of your game activity. Similarly, in many Murdock Imagineering Studio games, other players, regardless of whether they are your social network friends or not, will be able to see descriptions of your game activity (including the identification of any Murdock Imagineering Studio games you have played), communicate with you within our Services, and view your game profile, which may include your name or a “game name” and your profile photo. In certain cases, your profile photo can reveal your social network ID or Murdock Imagineering Studio player ID, and access to a social network ID or Murdock Imagineering Studio player ID may allow others to view the public information associated with your related social network profile or Murdock Imagineering Studio account. Other players may also be able to send you game requests or even friend requests through the related social network’s or Murdock Imagineering Studio’s communication channels.
Third-Party Advertising Including Tailored Advertising and Analytics
We have advertising on our Services so we can continue to offer many of our Services for free.
We do not actively share personal information with third-party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following types of information from within our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you;
- certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID;
- and other contextual data about your game play (for example, your level and session length).
The information collected may be used to:
- measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you
- undertake web analytics.
Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
Please note, after clicking on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by Murdock Imagineering Studio or the social network through which you are playing Murdock Imagineering Studio’s games.
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between You and Murdock Imagineering Studio may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or legal process;
- to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
- where we believe in our sole discretion that the Service is being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the general public; and
- to protect the rights or property of Murdock Imagineering Studio and other applicable third parties, including to enforce our Term of Service.
Murdock Imagineering Studio games or their purchase pages may display an “offer wall” that is hosted by an offer wall provider. The offer wall allows third-party advertisers to provide virtual currency to players in exchange for interacting with an advertisement or for completing a marketing offer that may include signing up for an account with one of those advertisers. These offers are not made by Murdock Imagineering Studio. These offers may be shown to you based on certain technical information, like your geographic area or de-identified demographic information. After clicking on one of these offers, you will no longer be on a site hosted by Murdock Imagineering Studio or the social network through which you are playing Murdock Imagineering Studio’s games. To properly credit player accounts and to prevent fraud, a unique identifier, in some cases your social network ID or Murdock Imagineering Studio player ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider.
Third-Party Service Providers
We will share your information with third-party companies to perform services on our behalf, like processing payments, analyzing data, optimizing game play, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and to help us in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements. We contractually require these third-party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information we share with them, and we contractually require them not use your information for anything other than to provide services on our behalf.
Sale or Merger
In the event that Murdock Imagineering Studio undergoes a business transition (including proposed transactions), like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of its assets (like selling a game), we may disclose or transfer all of your information, including personal information, to the successor organization in the transition. We will make reasonable efforts to let you and other players know of the business transition before transferring your personal information.
How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information
Information We Receive From a Third-Party Application Where You Play Our Games or From Your Mobile Device
To manage the information Murdock Imagineering Studio receives about you from a third-party application where you play our games, like Facebook, you will need to follow the instructions for the third-party application for updating your information and changing your privacy settings. To review and update information associated with your Murdock Imagineering Studio game profile in certain games, visit the “settings” page in that game. You also can manage some aspects of information collection and use by visiting the “settings” page of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application or “app.”
Stopping Use of Your Information
If you no longer want Murdock Imagineering Studio to make active use of your information, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place “Delete My Account” in the subject line and include your first name, last name, e-mail address and your social network ID for the social network from which you access our Services. We will respond to your request within thirty days. Please note that certain records, for example those relating to payments or customer service matters, will be held for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent content through or posted content on the Service, we may not be able to delete it.
Opting Out of Geolocation
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation available to us by visiting your mobile device’s settings or the “settings” page for the relevant game.
Opting Out of Ongoing Collection of Information About Non-Murdock Imagineering Studio Apps You Have On Your Device
To the extent that one of our games is collecting information about non- Murdock Imagineering Studio apps you have on your device, the game will provide you with an option to stop making that information available to us in the “settings” page for the relevant game.
Opting Out of Promotional Emails from Murdock Imagineering Studio
If you want to stop receiving promotional e-mails from Murdock Imagineering Studio, click on the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email from Murdock Imagineering Studio. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or e-mail preference change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than 15 business days.
Opting Out of Other Communications
You can opt out of receiving SMS messages (for example, text messages) by texting back STOP to the number we send the text from for that particular SMS message program. In some cases a preferences management page will also be available. When we receive an opt-out message from you for SMS messages, we may send a message confirming our receipt of your opt-out.
When you install our apps on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
At this time, there is no general agreement on how companies like Murdock Imagineering Studio should interpret Do Not Track signals. Murdock Imagineering Studio does not currently respond to Do Not Track signals, whether that signal is received on a computer or on a mobile device.
Privacy Policies of Linked Third-Party Services and Advertisers
Our website and games may contain advertisements from Third-Party Services, which are companies other than Murdock Imagineering Studio that may link to their own websites, online services or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Third-Party Services. If you have any questions about how these Third-Party Services use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Our Policies Concerning Children
Murdock Imagineering Studio is the creator of WORD-X, provides education games, which is intended to be enjoyed by parents, teachers, and children of all ages. In this game, Murdock Imagineering Studio does not knowingly collect personal information (as that term is defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)) from users under the age of 13, except as permitted by COPPA. For example, Murdock Imagineering Studio may collect persistent identifiers to support the internal operations of its games. If Murdock Imagineering Studio learns that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information that is not subject to a COPPA exception, Murdock Imagineering Studio will delete such information.
How Long We Keep Your Information
How long we retain your information depends on why we collected it and how we use it. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. For instance, we may retain some information for a few years after you have closed your account with us if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
Security of Your Information
If you have an account registered directly with Murdock Imagineering Studio, your profile information is protected by the password you use to access your Murdock Imagineering Studio account. It is important that you protect and maintain your Murdock Imagineering Studio account’s security and that you immediately tell us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your Murdock Imagineering Studio account, the Service allows you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password. If you access our Services through a social network and your social network account is hacked, this may lead to someone playing your Murdock Imagineering Studio games without your permission. So, be careful to keep your social network account information, including your social network account password, secure as well. We urge you to log out of your Murdock Imagineering Studio account and any social network account you have used to access our Services after you use it.
When you sign into your Murdock Imagineering Studio account or enter payment information, we or our third party payment processor use encryption to transmit that information.
While we take precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk. If you have questions about the security of our websites, please contact us at email@example.com